Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Cleaning


It's April!
 That means spring weather is finally in bloom; which also means that much needed spring cleaning will begin.

Recently I went through my closet and pulled out my graphic tees wanting to fold them all down so they would take up less space...
...only i didn't fold them right away and it looked like an explosion on my bed for a day.


Okay so my room has been in a bit of a crisis for a few days...


 When I'm in a rush and trying to find something to wear,
 I tend to throw things, leaving drawers looking wild, and clothes completely out of order.
But tis the season for new beginnings, so with that I went on an organizing rampage. 

Take a step into my wardrobe and experience how I personally organize my space.


Whenever I begin to tidy up my clothes I always start with my hoodies. Thanks to working at an American Apparel (shout out to aa woodbury!) for 4 years, I now own a lifetime supply.
(Not only hoodies but pretty much any basic I could ever need...you'll see.)
 Could it be that they are the most coveted clothing collection of mine? 


Next I decided to tackle some outerwear and sweaters. 
From right to left: vests, light weight cotton cardigans, sweaters, wool and acrylic sweater cardigans, short sleeve button downs, long sleeve button downs, flannel button downs, blazers, and last but not least, a few jackets.
Can you tell I've been working in retail for a few years?



The drawers in my closet always get out of hand as I search for tops to wear. I finally decided to fold my tees and tanks so they could sit upright. Now my drawers resemble file cabinets and I'm able to access my clothing with ease.


 This method will work great for you if you have a ton of band and graphic tees. You will be able to see a sample of each image when you open your drawer. 


Fold your shirt to the width of the collar. 



Fold in half.


Then in half again.



I store all my leggings in fabric drawers like this as well, but I prefer to roll all my jeans.




I also had the opportunity to sort through a ton of clothes I don't wear anymore, and even made room to hang pants, skirts, and dresses.


A scarf collector too? Sure am!
These bottom hangers work to hang scarves as well.



After the scarves, I hung up dressy blouses and tops that wrinkle easily. I also re-organized some of my bags and placed my shoes back on the rack.


That's all folks! 
Stay focused and driven through your spring cleaning.
 I know it can be a chore, but Y'all got this!


<3

While Cleaning I started singing a song that I haven't listened to in a longgg time. It was "Sweepstakes Prize"by Mirah(Track 2) off of her album You Think it's Like This, but Really it's Like This.

Here's the whole album, I recommend it...







No comments:

Post a Comment