Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mixed Media Bracelets


I've been seeing these bracelets everywhere and although I love the way they look, I can't see paying the full price when I know they can easily be made. 

Here's a few examples I snapped with my phone while browsing different shops.




You get the idea... 
So I went to work and made my own customized versions.



Tie dye fabric from the hem of a shirt that I reconstructed last week, and chain from a craft store can be braided together to make one of these neat bracelets.












Wrap the remanding chain around your fabric, add a jump link, and close it off.



Split rings make for good closures; they are like mini key rings.



Next up, some left over vintage camo, suede, another chain, and jump links.















Remove any excess chain.



Cut off extra fabric and suede.


You can buy closures like this, and attach to the ends of your bracelet.


Now time for one I've been meaning to create for a while. I got this brass chain bracelet from a flea market upstate. Add red suede and another chain and you're set.









Three's a crowd...


...but four is company. Add a watch and you got a PARTY!


With inspiration, comes creation. 
Get those cranks turning, use it or lose it, and remember...



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment